FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:14 pm
cruisr

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Agreed. Does anyone in this thread even know Ben? I've had a few conversations with him back about 10 years ago when I was just getting "into" FT. He's always truly loved flying, traveling, and the experience. That's his passion and he's getting to live it. How many people really get to do that with their lives?

Here's another thought...what about the thousands of other people who fly all the time with no purpose other than to go hub to hub and earn a paycheck? They are called pilots and flight attendants. Not really different here.

Also, to the people criticizing him about who's paying for his travel when he was younger... Like most of us, he took family trips, vacations, holidays and trips to visit family and friends in other locals. As a 15 or 16 year old, no he didn't pay for the tickets. But why is it different with him than when we tagged along with our own parents on family trips or vacations or holidays as kids and teens?

There's a lot of sour grapes in here, and I'm not quite sure why.
Not sour grapes just people who don't like hypocrites. He use to deny that he was a "trust fund" kid so maybe he technically isn't but he certainly had bank rolling for his 6 trips across the Pacific, not to visit anyone, just to fly when he was a teen. Good for him if he has parents that aren't worried about that sort of thing but be honest about. He knew he was moving to SEA to be with his boyfriend yet went through the silly game of "guys, where should I move to?" I don't care where he lives but agan, just be honest about and say you are moving to SEA. Other examples but If I gave them It would just be attributed to "sour grapes" I still believe in honesty which I guess is not a valued commodity anymore.