FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most fun you've had in an irrops?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:39 pm
henkybaby
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Positive threads: I like so I'll play.

RTW ending with a flight from DPS via HKG to JNB in F on CX. Next RTW starting in JNB via CPT the day after I am supposed to arrive.

CX plane goes tech on DPS, meaning I will not make my first flight on a AONEx, which is bad (invalidates the entire ticket). CX tries to reroute me in Y on SQ but I politely refuse and since I had already made friends with the CX ground staff, I believed them when they said they will take care of it. So we go for a drink in the lounge.

1 hour later, entire AONEx reissued on CX stock (got a huge tax refund!) and I am rebooked on the next flight but wait... Only First class HKG-JNB 3 times a week and first available opening is in 3 days. Would you prefer to stay in Bali or in HKG ? Well, I'll take Bali.

3 days in perfect 5 star resort on Bali, a potential disaster with the RTW ticket avoided and compensated for the loss of the prepaid hotel in CPT.

Perfect service, perfect flights and like c-w-s on a good destination.

Most memorable is how much effort CX put into this. It being two entirely separate itineraries they were under no obligation to do so.

Last edited by henkybaby; Jul 21, 2015 at 2:49 pm