FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:56 pm
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by SANspotter
Not to pick on your comment directly, but what is it about someone wanting to be alone that sends people into panic? Some people (myself included) are just wired like that. I've lived my entire life so far not having a strong desire to have lots of friends, and I'm a very happy guy and satisfied in life. Friends are important, yes, but I don't base my happiness upon being around other people.

Ben sounds like he's a bit of an introvert, that's all. I totally get where he's coming from, and it doesn't necessarily mean he's clinically depressed and in need of help.
Agreed. Does anyone in this thread even know Ben? I've had a few conversations with him back about 10 years ago when I was just getting "into" FT. He's always truly loved flying, traveling, and the experience. That's his passion and he's getting to live it. How many people really get to do that with their lives?

Here's another thought...what about the thousands of other people who fly all the time with no purpose other than to go hub to hub and earn a paycheck? They are called pilots and flight attendants. Not really different here.

Also, to the people criticizing him about who's paying for his travel when he was younger... Like most of us, he took family trips, vacations, holidays and trips to visit family and friends in other locals. As a 15 or 16 year old, no he didn't pay for the tickets. But why is it different with him than when we tagged along with our own parents on family trips or vacations or holidays as kids and teens?

There's a lot of sour grapes in here, and I'm not quite sure why.