FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:41 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by cruisr
He is running away from something for sure. If they still print Psychology Today this would be a good article for that publication.
Not only the article but some of the blog posts give such an impression, I think.

Originally Posted by davie355
OMAAT response:

Unfortunately was taken out of context while referencing one industry executive. Certainly wasn’t talking about industry execs as a whole, as there are plenty of great programs run by brilliant people. I certainly regret saying anything that could be interpreted to suggest otherwise. But I guess that’s what happens when you’re interviewed for over a hundred hours and then they cherry-pick what goes in the article. The first time I saw the story was after it was published.
It's interesting that he claims that it was "taken out of context" rather than asserting it was a misquote. The latter would be an argument that the words printed were not what he said. That isn't what he wrote in the above linked blog comment, which indicates the words were said, claiming only some other context.

Perhaps he was discussing one particular executive before or after the printed "idiots" quote. But the use of plurals in the RS-quoted sentences doesn't add up against the claim that he was referring to only one person in particular.