FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What airline should I choose to maximize my flying out of BOS for reward travel
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:31 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
Intellectually I understand what you are saying, but I can't stand flying through JFK (or NYC in general). The slightest amount of weather causes major delays, there is often no PreCheck for B6, and the facilities at Terminal 8 are terrible. If I didn't have AA lounge access I would not even consider it. The cost / in flight amenity difference would have to be HUGE, and even then I would probably just fly from BOS.
I've got to say that I have a pretty good track record with flying via JFK. Certainly when you travel a fair bit you experience your share of delays, but I can't think of a single instance of missing a connection at JFK when booked to travel BOS-JFK-XXX (or vice versa). Moreover, AA is very good about reaccommodating a passenger who is going to miss a connection; they generally would be more than willing to reroute a passenger before even leaving BOS if it became clear that making a connection at JFK would be at risk. As for the facilities at T8, I'm not sure what you find lacking. It's an airport; you go there to get on a plane. There's a couple of restaurants, a couple of shops. What more are you looking for? Still the principal reason to fly from BOS through JFK would be to connect internationally or to the west coast, in which case one would have lounge access if flying a premium cabin.