FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who is with me on moving to AA.
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:34 am
apodo77

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
AA only requires 100K miles instead of 125K for top tier and they certainly treat their top tier a lot better. I forget if they get six or eight GU's a year that can be used internationally as opposed to four on Delta and they have a lot more inventory they can be used on. If an EP gets stuck in coach they get free drinks and food like sandwiches (I'd love for Delta to do that).

Unfortunately for me being Detroit based it is too difficult to switch to AA. I have too many non-stops here and hate the thought of connecting at ORD on most of my flights. There's also no Admirals lounge at DTW.

If I lived in a city like Chicago or LA or NYC where AA had a decent presence I would switch in a heartbeat
Let's see how AA shakes out after the complete integration of the two FF programs.

If I were a betting man I doubt the frequent flyer will be the big winner when it is all said and done.

I am Plat on AA as an FYI (could be EXP but prefer to be 75K on AS first then finish the year on AA).