FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry-on Items That Meets UA's Size Requirements? Enforcement?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:12 am
zap7

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Originally Posted by sgal
Hi, I'm pretty new here but glad I've found you. I'd like to bring a daypack as my personal item on United Airlines
Does anyone have a pack or a messenger bag/computer bag sort of thing suggestion? I'd love to have a specific example of something that works well.

How sticky is UA about the size being exact?
Welcome to the forum!
Just scroll to the top of the page of this post (where it says "FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki") and click on "click here to display full wiki". This will summarize the dozens of pages that have already been written, and show specific "Bags that Fit Personal Item Sizer" as the examples you asked for.

If you read the previous pages of this thread including the 2014 postings (see top of wiki post), you'll find some discussion about how strict they are with personal items. So far they seem to be very relaxed and not checking them (personal items) if they don't look too big (see previous pages for details). The big concern is the bigger cabin bag if it just barely fits.