FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMiles July Announcements
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:20 pm
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by naranjero

Check some routes you fly. Just try to switch to AA for the rest of the year, why not? You're already DM with Delta, you can always jump back.
I don't "pick" where I go. I just go where the fares are cheap. I already have HKG, CPT, & BKK planned for the next 4 months on Delta. I would like to find another $300 fare to AUA before the year's end, too. So if I make the switch to AA it will most likely be starting in January. I just wanted to know the cheapest and most efficient way to jump in headfirst with AA.

I guess my main question was: Do airlines ever put MR-type fares on sale from their own hubs?

The reason is that I hear so many people on this forum complaining that they are "hub-captive" and, for example, Delta always issues "attack fares" on AA/UA's hubs....

Originally Posted by dzflyer
I was a top tier elite on american my whole life until i switched to delta about 5 or 6 yrs ago because Americans hard product got so bad....american tries to woo me back from time to time and sends me targeted offers.... but now delta ff program is getting intolerable so im waiting to see if american changes their ff program or if it stays the same....if american changes ff program to united or delta style i stay with delta if no changes are made hello AA
Well the one thing I don't like is that I could only get 10k of EQMs after spending $40k on the AA Citi card. But then again....it would not take me very long to accumulate the additional 90k EQMs to get AA's top-tier status. And because 75% of my travel is international to very far-away places.....those EIGHT SWUs would come in pretty handy!!!