FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMiles July Announcements
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:10 am
dzflyer

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by 355F1
How does one get targeted with these emails? I fly over 150k MQMs every year with Delta on pure MRs and seeing the world on dirt cheap airfares.

I had 10k miles in my US Air account from flying PHX-PDX-PHX as Delta's options suck for the return home if its a Sunday.

So, I decided to get the AA Citi card two months ago and spent $3k immediately to earn 50k miles! SO now I have at least a one-way award ticket in International J! ^^ (And just for ish and giggles I looked at availability from PHX-AMS and there was low 62.5k award tickets available in probably 95% of the days I looked!!!)

I will have 278,000 MQMs with DL by Dec 31 and approximately 790,000 Skymiles. I also have the DL AMEX Reserve Card and spend $60k/year on it to get the 30k MQMs/RDMs!

But I am thinking it might make sense to switch to AA because I think I can accumulate a ton of miles with a status match and a bunch of MRs with their bonus miles earned like DL used to do for their elites.(Obviously this is assuming they don't pull a DL and changed to spend-based RDMs)

I don't travel for business. I just travel all around the world for fun because it is so cheap if you know how to find the deals, and I get a crapload of time off of work. I just did 3 days in Tokyo over the 4th of July for $620RT on DL and used some soon-to-expire GUCs to make that trip more comfy.

So....my only issue is that living in PHX gives me TONS of cheap DL MR-fares.....if I switch to AA then is it even possible to get MR-type fares from their hub????
I was a top tier elite on american my whole life until i switched to delta about 5 or 6 yrs ago because Americans hard product got so bad....american tries to woo me back from time to time and sends me targeted offers.... but now delta ff program is getting intolerable so im waiting to see if american changes their ff program or if it stays the same....if american changes ff program to united or delta style i stay with delta if no changes are made hello AA