FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:24 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am not following, are you referring to your valuation of GP points with these numbers?

It is worth paying a premium for the park suite, but only you can decide how much it is worth to you.
Yes, he seems to be valuing the pts at 1.4¢/pt. I always do the same type of calculations, but I value my pts at 1.7¢/pt, which is what they cost to purchase on a 40% bonus promo.

However, he seems to be missing 3 things in his calculations:

1. P&C rate will earn stay/night credits (if they don't matter to you, then that is a moot point).

2. You will earn pts on the cash portion of the P&C, which will affect the value calculation.

3. There are no additional taxes on a P&C rate at PHV, since the VAT is included in the rate. That eliminates the "+" in the calculation. It does appear that they are now charging the Paris City Tax on all stays, all-cash, P&C, and all-points.

So that brings down the difference somewhat, but as Mike says, only you can say how much the extra space is worth to you. For us, we always have in-room breakfast, and often have in-room dinner, so the extra space was very valuable. If your sure you are going to be out all day and mostly just sleeping in the room, you might value it differently, but I think most people who have stayed here would say going with the P&C+DSU is by far the best choice.