FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Cologne (Koln) Germany [Master Thread]
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:56 pm
jsucool76

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Room was great at this hotel (Executive Suite, upgraded in advance with no questions asked)

Staff was super friendly, room was always cleaned earlyish in the day so it was always done if I stopped back in after lunch. Despite my reservation being for only 1 person, when i invited someone for breakfast in the restaurant they took off the charges for both of us. (27 euro/person for the buffet)

Lounge for breakfast was decent (just a bit less of a spread than the restaurant) but was super crowded, and I didn't find the evening or dessert offerings to be that great.

A/C in the rooms sucked (as I said in the previous post) but was very comfortable in the hallways/lobby (rooms should be a higher priority in my opinion) but the hotel did waive the 3.50 euro cost for water bottles due to the inadequate room A/C.

Would definitely return to this hotel though. I really enjoyed my stay, the prices, and the location is fantastic.

Was a nice use of my citi prestige 4th night free, and the rate was point/night elligible =]