FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hakodate vs Sapporo
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:53 am
evergrn

We got to Hakodate mid-afternoon on day1. We headed up to the top of Hakodate Mtn. The view was stunning. That was it for day1. Day2, we were at the market from 7am on. Had breakfast there, then looked through everything else, and then ate again for an early light lunch. We then moved on to the Red Brick complex... nice setup but nothing really unique. An hour was taken up by the free Lego place. After that, it was onto the Motomachi area... there's really nothing there for us. It was only 1pm and there was nothing left to see. No way my kids would've liked Goryokaku. Spent much of the afternoon at the dept store near the station, plus we took a quick trek out to Yunokawa Onsen area to feed monkeys. The highlight was the view from Hakodate Mtn. You have enough of the market after a few hours. While I'm not really into history and architecture, I still find Nagasaki to be fascinating because the place just exudes unique history and special ambiance. But imo Hakodate doesn't even come close. I know many of you are high on Hakodate, and so I'm likely the odd one here. But it just didn't do it for us. Having a great time in another part of Hokkaido right now.