FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop Over on an Award ticket.
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:45 am
AJCNL

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Hmm that's weird. So maybe using the stopover is a way of overriding married segment logic for their system?

Thanks for sharing that, that is quite interesting information.

Also that was nice of them to waive the phone booking fee. I've been on the online chat with reps twice in the last week or so asking questions, and they've never offered that up even when probed on it.
The return route was MEL-CAN-AMS on CZ, putting MEL-AMS in the system they only ever offered the daytime flight MEL-CAN which would have given a 5 or 6 hour transfer at CAN, using an award booking tool I saw that the overnight MEL-CAN was available giving an 18 hour transfer or so, time to get a hotel and get proper rest etc., and in the end the airline provided the hotel room free anyway! I did have to explain to the FB agent that this was all possible, she wasn't aware of the free stopover option, but went to check and 2 minutes later came back to confirm it all.

As for the waiver of the booking fee, maybe its just me, I had a paid NZ ticket also and again booked on the phone to get the connection I wanted and they waived their fee!