FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kids in executive Lounge (from Royal Ambassador Experience Discussion)
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:16 am
BRAISKI

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I made my peace with creaming kids years ago! Front flying Economy to Business class. All you can do is pout and complain and watch it ruin your day/flight.
Its one thing for screaming and running around kids. Its another for baby crying (not big kids) for me anyways.

I don't think Lounge are called Executive its Club Lounge. I don't see this being different from Airline Lounges. If you want to conduct your "business" they have rooms for that. People pay for it one way or the other, even with Elite Airline status its "free".

I've been to lounges where there are a group of "business men" are just talking loudly. This is just as bad.

The way I see it if the kids start crying or running around then they should be asked to leave.

The IC Hotel Lounges are more for if you want access you pay for it, for us RAs we are spoiled to get "free" access but the fact its not part of the official RA benefit. Some/most of them are paying guests. Of course lots of spoiled kids will be around there too! Seen this in Vienna, Frankfurt, Toronto and Paris.

You want quiet time stay in your room or the business centers. I know I have had conference calls and I prefer to be in my room doing that.

How about flying Business/First Class, its "business" you pay for more space and "quiet" do you want to start a petition to not allow kids in that class? Imagine flying 8-16 hours with a screaming kid?
Lots of people have money especially those Oil barons! They most likely don't care.