FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable Walk by Candlewood Suites FLL
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:40 am
ryan754

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Unbelievable Walk by Candlewood Suites FLL

It's 3:30 am, and I have to be awake in a couple hours.. I'm sooo angry.. I booked a room at the Candle wood Suites FLL.. I applied for and was approved for a BRG.. My flight was severely delayed so I called the property to kindly tell them I would be late.. I was informed that the FD canceled my booking without calling me because they couldn't authorize my CC on my $0 rate.. He then told me he was sold out and I would have to go elsewhere. After hanging up I realized there was a security hold on my CC, which I fixed.. I went online, and the hotel was still available to book.. I booked it and even used a different CC.. I was confirmed yet again. Flew to FLL arrived at 3am, called the hotel, and he canceled me again, and booked me at the HIX.. Arrived there, and I am paying a full rate here.
I am a platinum member earned over lots of stays, and this is a first for me.. The Candlewood FD will do nothing, and the HIX agent is surprised at the treatment.. Called IHG and they keep connecting me to a closed down office.. Can't do anything, and I have to leave in a few hours... Avoid the Candlewood Suites FLL airport at all costs... I can only imagine how long this will take to resolve..