FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii Honeymoon Help- Moana or Royal
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:39 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mcharania
Makes sense. Do you have any experience on how a tower partial ocean room (or similar) at MS compares to a historic room at RH? Space (particularly in the bathroom), decor,amenities wise?

Thank you
Its been yrs since I was @ a *W in Waikiki, once they insituted the fake resort fee(no *W is a resort on Oahu,IMO) I stopped going to them.

Basically as a Plat we are entitled to most everything they say they are supplying for it, the exception is it includes free parking,only in Waikiki I never have a car overnight so Im being charged for parking a car that I dont have, no Thank You. There are too many other places I can stay w/o being hit with that fake fee and I do stay there

That said I usually do end up inside both of them whenever Im in town. My take on the crowds the RH is usually an older crowd then the MSs. But neither really gets the young crowd, they will either not be on Oahu or want a much cooler place. Both hotels have very small pools and I believe no hot tubs. Best pool is the Sher Waikiki, young couples and singles (Ok familys as well) its alive unlike the RH & MS. The Sher has a # of bars that are poping while its much more sedate at the RH & MS, Ive walked thru at nights and it sounded like a disco was happening, youd never find that at the RH or MS