FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii Honeymoon Help- Moana or Royal
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:16 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Mcharania
Hi!

I was really hoping someone could help me with deciding what hotel to stay in at Oahu for 4 nights. Staying there for my honeymoon, and then moving on to Maui & BI

I am an SPG Platinum member- paying for 2 nights cash and 2 nights points at the Royal Hawaiian. I was able to snag a good rate at RH, but only for the Historic Grove Room. I am hoping for a plat or suite night upgrade at the RH, but I am not sure if I will get one, since it's hard as I have heard. I see suites are available for now, but the trip is at the end of August (23-27), so we have some time.

Just saw a great rate for the Moana Surfrider- $25 more a night for a tower partial ocean view. Upgrade chances are good as all room types are available for my dates, and rumor has it MS usually gives better upgrades to plat members. Plus the club lounge is a nice perk

So I am wondering, should I keep my current reservation and stay in the traditional rooms at the RH (I am not anticipating an upgrade... may get lucky though), or split my stay between MS & RH. I wouldn't mind experiencing both hotels (especially tower room at MS!), but I don't know if moving will be a huge hassle. I don't think it will...

And I would rather not stay the entire time at MS. Since I am paying with points the last two days, I will only be guaranteed a traditional room, which is way smaller than the traditional room at the RH- or so I've heard!

Also, the ocean view rooms at the RH are pretty expensive for my stay, so I think that won't work either.

Thank you in advance!
Welcome and congratulations!

Hopefully the thread below will help. If not please use the The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread List sticky on the first page for individual threads on the properties you are interested in.

Royal Hawaiin vs. Moana Surfrider