FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:40 pm
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by radnub
Hi. I do. Sometimes. I've bought LMUs for the past two years or so on select occasions. I usually travel YYC-YHZ so it can make for a long day. I tend to buy Tango fares early then I wait to check-in as soon as possible to see what the LMU is. Whether I take it or not depends on a lot of factors for me. I had a couple of weekend trips to YHZ last year and I felt that I did not want to be cramped and uncomfortable for 6 hours for such a short trip so I bought them then. Another time was for a special trip to Asia.

I am not an infrequent traveller but I'm never going to reach any status level that allows me the opportunity for e-ups and all that fun stuff. So if I want to sit there I've got to pay somehow and luckily in the past couple of years it has been possible to do so.

I would have to guess LMU buyers are either people like me who travel a few times a year but never have status or it's people who are on a special trip and want to round it out with a J seat.
A ha!! Ding ding ding! Thank you VERY much for sharing!! I think this actually makes my day

So if I may ask, what's a $/hour LMU that you generally accept? Perhaps that may explain why we see the LMU fares prices the way they are!