FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:03 pm
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Just checking my DL segment on delta.com - I have my MVPG number listed and was able to select exit row.

Although Alaska states DL upgrades are domestic/Mexico/Canada/select Caribbean, my reservation on Delta.com shows "MEDALLION UPGRADE REQUESTED"

Guessing website glitch.. but could I really be eligible? There are only 5 of the 16 seats filled in Business (4 by my family members who used AS miles). Flight overall does not look very full, so not an op-up chance.
You are likely to get upgraded. LAX-Central America flights are as close to a slam dunk as you can get. Just make sure you can see yourself on the web list after OLCI. If not, tweet DL Assist to get added to the list.

Flights from USA to central america are complimentary upgrade eligible, as are flights within the USA (except SFO/LAX-JFK, ATL-HNL), and flights from the US to Caribbean. This is true for medallion members, as well as partner elites such as MVPG.

Earlier this year i would have been upgraded LAX-GUA both ways (they were selling F at the gate for $$) but I bought an F fare cause I wanted the guarantee and needed the extra EQMs. LAX-Central America flights are pretty rough in Y, so usually I just pay for J, even though I'd expect to be upgraded almost every time.