FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:16 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by NYTA
I'm in the Dan lounge on average 2-3x per month. Typically, I get a snack - a salad and hummus/tehina as that's all that's really edible there - a cappuccino and an orange Prigat. If I can get a seat with a plug, I'll plug in my phone. The free snacks/drinks make it worthwhile as a cappuccino at Arcaffe costs around 20 shekels! I get in for free with either elite status or priority pass (or a combination when I'm with my kids) so when you multiply that x3 it's worth it, but still, one of the worst lounges ever.

Furthermore, I don't buy the "busy travel season" thing, as while it is clearly a busy travel season, the LH lounge in FRA or many of the lounges in the European airports I have frequented in the last few weeks (AZ in FCO), 3rd party lounge at CGN, TK lounge at IST, etc. aren't nearly as crowded on a people per square meter basis as the Dan. The only one that comes close is the LX lounge in ZRH.
It would make sense that they're not as crowded per square meter because even if/though they have larger crowds, they also have much larger lounges to accommodate them