FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:12 pm
DaveH

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RaflW
I sat in 18A on a 738 on Thursday, SEA-MSP.
Legroom is great, no IFE box, seatback IFE worked although the touch-sensitive spots were misaligned to the icons, took a couple minutes for both me and the person next to me to figure that out.

But ... the seat itself was terrible. The cushion was not only hard - I expected that, I read that it's an FAA rule about the seat withstanding people stomping on it in a exit emergency - it was very narrow...

If I did opt for 18A or F again, I'd want to have a small pillow or a coat to stuff in the surprisingly large gap between the narrow cushion and the sidewall. I tried a rolled up red DL blanket but that fell right down the gap.

So, IMO, caution on 17 and 18 A/F seats.
Thanks for this. I'm on 530 SEA-ANC tomorrow, also a 738. As I GM, I passed on upgrading to comfort seating at the 72 hour window because there were no aisles left, in favor keeping my current seat 18D, which SeatGuru likes.

Now the C+ seats are gone taken by FOs it seems. Seats 13A and F are the only seats showing available, save 17 which is completely empty, and 18 which has me and one other pax in 18F. Now I'm wondering should I change anyway?

I doubt the 13 seats would be better overall, esp since I'm a 6' aisle guy...? Hopefully it will be moot as I'm #1 on the UG list with two seats available in FC...