FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MEX Connection Times and Information international - domestic master thread
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:18 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'd like some T-2/T-2 Int'l/Int'l connection clarification if possible. (AM/AM). I've flown T2 only once as O/D, but never transit.

(1) Do the Mexico forms provide for a transit option?
(2) Assuming AM tags my bags through (all on same ticket), is there an AM connecting flight baggage drop off just past aduana? Or must one go to the general check-in counters? (Tight connection on the return - it is a valid AM T2-T2 MCT, but in the exception to the normal rule bunch - 111 mins.)
Quoting myself,
(1) No. I just wrote Transito for my Mexico address. The immigration officer wanted to see my connecting BP.

(2) I went to the aduana station on the right - closest to my baggage carousel. After going through, she then sent me to the one to the far left when she saw I was in transit. I have no idea why. I got the green button in any event, and there were no lines. Bag re-drop is to the far right after aduana.

I would say the entire process with an 0530h arrival took 30-35 minutes to be back up through security.