FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:28 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ziz
I'm doing a B2B in DUB in August, arriving around 11:45. Travelling in ET so wondering whether it is worth paying £15 to select a seat as far forward as possible. The outbound leaves at 13:00 which I know is a generous turnaround time, but if there's a delay on the inbound, presumably means that they will be able to shorten the turnaround considerably to get out on time.
Each row adds about 15 seconds to the departure processing time. So I wouldn't worry, so long as you are not on a full HBO fare just get the best seat you can at OLCI. If HBO, ensure you have an aisle preference set / re-set in BAEC, then check in at the moment of T-24. If the system takes you right to the very back, cancel the OLCI before the emergency contact number screen and try again a few minutes later. I can't see £15 buying you more than a minute or two.