FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:19 am
britishcanuck

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Email response from consumer affairs:

"Thank you for your email.

I am truly sorry that your vacation has been impacted. We wanted to make sure we reached out as early as possible, which is why we do not have the rates for the other locations yet. We are still negotiating with the area hotels. It is very important to us to offer an alternate location that is on the same level as Hyatt.

I would be happy to look at availability at other Hyatt locations for you, although we would not be offering a discounted rate at the other locations. There will be no fees/charges associated with canceling the Ziva Los Cabos. We would however still be offering an airline reimbursement of $250 per person, we would just need receipts of the original flights and then a receipt showing the charges incurred by changing the flights.

Currently we are not offering any point compensation due to the delay being caused by a natural disaster. However, I have forwarded your details to our upper management for consideration.

I will be in touch when we I hear back from them. "

As others have said, the natural disaster excuse is a joke. If I had booked a hotel before the hurricane, then I would have understood. This isn't the case though, they specified an opening date, and haven't met it. This has nothing to do with the disaster at this point.