FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with Airbnb?
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:37 am
GITU

Programs: AA EXP, UA1k, AmEx Plat, Global Entry & Pre✓
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
That's the problem. As the host, you should be prepared that something like this COULD happen. We handled it, but it was very frustrating that she was like "well I don't know what to tell you." Well, I know it's not a hotel, but I treat it like staying in someone's house. At said house, even if they didn't know a locksmith, they could look one up. What if I was alone with no phone? Know what I mean?
I think she was rude. She is a local and could have offered to look up a locksmith or do the translating or something. Absolutely. I will just say that as a very popular host I had to constantly remind guests that I am not an Aman Resort (to which every single one said "Huh?", then I'd chuckle and say, "I mean, I am not a Ritz Carlton") which caused awkward fidgeting from them. I'm offering you a clean, safe house, with all the amenities mentioned and I do my best to make your stay as nice and comfortable as possible. I found people want everything for nothing; or more accurately, they want a 5* resort experience for $130 a night. I used airbnb to try to see humans in a better light and realize they all aren't so bad and honestly, I left more jaded about the human condition than when I started. heh

To be clear, you did nothing wrong and she need not be an ...; other than saying it's 2am and she was caught off guard probably but she could have been more helpful. I'm sorry. I'm glad she paid the fee.