FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:12 pm
Bigshaker

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by stinger101
Did anyone ask for supervisor. The cs agents can only offer what they can initially. Escalate.
I wasn't in a spot I could stay on the phone long. Definitely will escalate.

Based on FT posts from their failed Grand Hyatt Bahamas opening the comp they offered for that was:

Cancel & Rebook after Xx date
Move to the Different hotel - pay out of pocket, have Hyatt reimburse (specific discounted rate/room they have worked out)
Cancel, refund of any points used for redemption, plus 20k points per night booked, plus $300 per person for any airfare cancellation/refund fees (to be emailed in with copies of flight receipts)

The Ziva Cabo hotel is an all inclusive, worth more than twice the points of the Bahamas Hyatt per night for 2 people and a lot more expensive on paid rates!

Hyatt is offering almost nothing in return for canceling my VAC? My paid rate had a 48 hr prior cancelation so there is no deposit, my award plane ticket can be canceled for no fee, but I can't just find a new location that is acceptable to me, with award flt space and an acceptable rate without a big hassle. I do expect something from Hyatt for this big hassle.

Hyatt you've really dropped the ball on this opening and on trying to make it right. You've advertised 3 different opening dates now, it's your fault you did that not the Hurricanes.

After some thought I would consider accepting either a Hyatt Gift card for the value of my vacation or Hyatt points for the value of my vacation as compensation Plus a certificate that says the Ziva Cabo will honor my current paid rate on a future stay within the next 12 months if I really wanted to risk trying Cabo again.

Last edited by Bigshaker; Jul 8, 2015 at 9:14 pm Reason: Typo