FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you accept a full refund in exchange for taking down a TripAdvisor review?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:39 pm
Jeannietx

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
I have done this.

Prior to our trip to Alaska in 2014, I had booked a specific helicopter pilot a year in advance, and paid him a year in advance.

When the day came he met us and said the heli was down, waiting for a part, but he could get us on a float plane. We really had no interest in going on a float plane, but there was nothing else we wanted to do, so we let him take us to the plane, dropped us off, so it had apparently been pre-arranged.

We get back from the float plane, it was OK, just meh, and there were some sales guys asking everyone who came by about booking different tours. I made the comment that we had booked the heli but X pilot said it was down. He told us the that X had had been flying all morning. Clearly he had double booked.

I was pi$$ed. I went on Trip Advisor and told it exactly like it was. Very shortly I got call from X pilot begging me to take down the negative review. That my review would drop him way down since I was a senior reviewer. He would give me a full refund, but please take it down, that was how he supported his family blah, blah, blah.

I told him exactly how I felt about what he had done. That I had been looking forward to his tour for a year. That I loved the doors off heli we did in Honolulu, was extremely disappointed with him operating his business like that, and canceling a year long pre-paid booking.

In the end I did go on Trip Advisor and deleted my review. I didn't change it, I just deleted it, so I know they can be deleted.