FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Combined AA/US Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (Consolidated)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:14 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I flew about 8 domestic flights in F the last 2 weeks. My general comments...

Overall, aside from the blintzes, the meals were decent for the most part. It probably helped that I only had 3 lunch/dinner flights and two of them were Hawaii long hauls and the rest were breakfast flights. The Macadamia Crusted Chicken was probably the best meal (DFW-OGG) of the lot followed by the Stir Fry Beef (OGG-DFW). My DFW-BWI dinner flight had the Chicken Piccata or Kale/Artichoke Ravioli on offer. I went with the Ravioli, while it was doused in Gouda cheese, I happen to like Gouda cheese a lot so I didn't mind, but I can see how it can be too much for some customers.

Aside from the blintzes, my only gripe is they need to offer more variety in breakfast options. All domestic breakfast flights except one had the Cheddar Cheese Omelette or Steel Cut Oatmeal option. Where is the French Toast? Quiche? I did not fly one single identical route. I got tired of it and skipped breakfast on one flight.

About three-quarters of my flights had the black linen. No issues with missing warmed nuts, as a matter of fact I had more than one serving on some flights. No open bar PDBs. The Hawaii flights offered sparkling wine along with water and OJ.