FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New, compact booster coming out
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:14 pm
swise

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you benefit from the referral link or indeed from future sales of the product? Are you the inventor/developer or an owner or employee of the company that will make and sell these things?
Wow, that's a lot of implied accusations there. I was pretty upfront that this was a referral link in my post. They do have a little point system going, and if you find 4 friends who also get on the emailing list (what they're calling a waitlist) for the product then you get 25% off a purchase. They have some other categories of spiffs, too, but with thousands of people on their email list it's not likely I'd qualify, and I really don't care about any of that anyway. I think they prizes top out at a free seat and an amazon gift card. High stakes.

A quick look through my posting history and status as a member for nearly 15 years would make it unlikely that I carpetbagged in to promote a product for a company that, if you read on their web site, appears to be comprised of three people, none of whom have bios matching my own profile, posting history, location, etc.

Don't want to use my referral link? It's easy enough to copy and paste the company's URL directly into your browser and bypass that whole deal.

You're a seasoned participant here. You should know your way around profiles, posting history, netiquette, etc.

I just thought it was a cool gadget.