FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:52 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Well, that's certainly a better situation than I gathered in my first quick read, which had the Limeńos shooting at each other.
ROFL!

No, I am hearing the hooting / horns of impatient Limeños, dogs barking, occasional sirens. I'd suspect some would say it's not loud, and it's our living room that fronts the busier street - the bedroom is somewhat quieter. Honestly, I feel I cansay Limeños are obsessed with crawl arms, and the go on 2/7 (which means they're so ubiquitous nobody gives

At least it's not the José Antonio, the first hotel we stayed in Miraflores (years ago, about four blocks away), where the windows are louvered jealousies - which have no way of excluding street noise.

I can't imagine people more obsessed with auto alarms than Limeńos, and these ubiquitous noisemakers go off 24/7. Which means nobody gives a horse's patoot and they're pretty useless. You can hear them all in the Hilton. Ditto horns / hooters; only the Mexico City Chilangos and Cairenes seem to use them more often to express, and they're very audible on, say, the fifth floor. Even the lined drapes don't do much to eliminate or attenuate the noise.

Thank goodness for my ear plugs!

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 2015 at 7:13 pm Reason: Add after second night