FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pets on Korean Air
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:38 am
labeath

We are traveling with our small dog on Korean Air from Houston to HCMC (through Seoul) Aug 5th. Could you clarify what paperwork you got for your trip. Is a rabies blood anitbody necessary for clearance in Seoul? Thrilled we can take her in cabin, but am worried about getting through Seoul. Thanks!

Originally Posted by annamx
Wanted to share quickly my traveling experience with my dog on Korean Air (since this forum was extremely helpful to me).
Had never traveled with my dog before and am definitely happy I picked Korean Air.

Their customer service is amazing and they were very helpful way from the start of the booking until the end. I had an emotional support dog letter from my psychiatrist and so my dog who weighed 0.65 kg more than the accepted weight of 5kgs (dog + kennel) was still allowed in cabin with me on both flights (from LAX to Seoul, and from Seoul to Ho Chi Minh City).

Supposedly, this letter bypasses certain weight restrictions and allows the dog to be taken out of the kennel during the flight. Though FYI, the letter is only valid from LAX to Seoul. Then after, I was informed that the dog would need to go in cargo if not meeting the weight restrictions. But I lucked out because Korean Air allowed my dog to go in cabin both times (the second time though, I wasn't allowed to take the dog out of the kennel).

Once on the flight, I told them that I had an emotional support dog and they basically left the middle seat between my boyfriend and I open (as if the seat was reserved for my dog).

I never thought that the airline would make this traveling with my dog the easiest ever. They were accommodating way beyond beliefs.

I would highly recommend that you consider this airlines if trying to travel in cabin with a dog. They were all very welcoming of my dog!

I had originally called Eva Airlines who made it very difficult to book my ticket while reassuring me that my dog would be allowed on the plane (this is after I had faxed in all the needed info, etc).

So definitely, fly with your dog on Korean Air!