FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:03 am
MagicWok

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
IC Singapore

InterContinental Singapore

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Plat Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Very Happy

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
King Shophouse, Shophouse Suite. (1 level) For me, that's good, since previous visits have just been higher floors/views as upgrades.

How are the rooms?
Lovely. One of the new styles and slightly larger layout to accompany the cot for our son. Our room was directly above the IC Sign that faces Bugis Mall. We were on the 3rd floor and heard little to no noise from both downstairs in the Mall and from the construction from the renovation.

However a very angry south-african gent came into the lounge to complain. I believe he was on a higher floor, though must be a more line of sight placement for noise I guess. I understand that I would be annoyed if my son or I lost sleep, though there was a bit of a stinky DYKWIA attitude that I didn't like - and felt a little sorry for the club staff who couldn't realistically do anything about it.

How is the exec. lounge?
Service is wonderful from staff and club manager. The breakfast isn't as substantial as the main restaurant (lobby) offerings, but the atmosphere and service is so much better. Afternoon Tea was nice, but not as good in some of the tea offerings compared to Bali.

I do think that the Club Lounge should be 24hr, or at least extended hours, as Singapore is as much a night city as it is a day and we often came back late and thirsty.

Check in was great and coincided with afternoon tea. Didn't bat an eye-lid in allowing my parents to accompany.

What was your welcome gift?
Singapore Lion. Some chocolates and a lovely birthday cake for my Son.

We also got a bag of toiletries for our son, though we neglected to use them.

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Yes. Replenished daily.

What was good?
- Service in the lounge.
- Even though renovation was happening (including weekends) I didn't hear it too much.
- Great decor, in general, and view.

What was bad?
- I would love the lounge to be open longer/24hrs.
- TV was on the fritz in the living area. Physical problem with the set, not the system. Offered to swap around with the bedroom one which was clear but we never found a suitable time. They did offer us to move to another shophouse suite, but we loved the view and we really didn't feel like packing/unpacking again with the 2 days we had left.
- The bathroom doesn't really feel new, the door paint feels tired and the floors and hallways feel tired also in the room and general hallways. I guess they won't be fixed or haven't gotten to yet.

Value for the money? Would you return?
Definitely good value on the IHG rewards adv rate we used. We will return to see once the renovation is complete.