FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:31 am
bloxomo

Programs: WN A-List, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Sounds like a sync issue... When you are on AA.com, the search engine is using a cached copy of the database to present options. When you go to purchase, it does a call to the backoffice database to confirm. Granted the front-end should be updated but I'm gonna guess that is done on a scheduled basis so subsequent searches will have the out-dated info until it's sync'd up again. Maybe that was happening when you got kicked off?
I've been having the same problem: lowest fare errors out after selecting certain mixed AA/US itineraries with "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available...". This has been going on for almost 12 hours now. I agree that it sounds like a sync issue, but I'm amazed that there hasn't been a sync in the 12 hours I've been trying. Priceline seems to have it right and it is frustrating that they're more on top of US/AA availability than aa.com is.

Neither the aa.com phone support line nor the reservations line seems to think this is an issue worth trying to get someone to fix.