FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Silvercar
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:14 pm
Royiv

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
How do they even know who your insurance is with? Do you have to give them insurance information when you pick up the car? What if you have primary coverage through your CC. I hope you keep us informed as to how this is resolved. I would expect that they would compensate you somehow for all the trouble they're causing especially if they notice there was not damage made to the car. It all sounds rather disappointing for a company that touts itself as a car rental company that "doesn't suck."
I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding your assessment regarding a car rental company that "doesn't suck." That's pretty much been my reaction as well. It's too bad because this is a company that I really wanted to like -- and did -- but this is totally unacceptable. I still haven't received a return phone call so I guess I'll have to call them again tomorrow. As far as them knowing your insurance, it's a required field when you set up your account in their app. I don't remember having to give them my policy number, but I did have to give them the name of the carrier.