FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Silvercar
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:33 pm
Big4Flyer

Originally Posted by Royiv
As a follow-up to my earlier post, I have now talked to three people at Silvercar about the supposed damage to the vehicle and no one can find any record of damage to the car. They all promise to research the issue and call me back, but not a single person has followed up.

One interesting, and alarming, thing that one rep told me today was that Silvercar's SOP is to automatically file a claim with your personal auto insurance policy if they note any damage to the vehicle after you return it. I was so shocked that they would just automatically file a claim without speaking to their customer about it and confirming whether or not the damage was done by the renter and/or asking if the renter would want to pay for the damage out of pocket. I asked her to confirm this info twice since I was so surprised by it and she reiterated both times that this was their procedure and she was surprised that I hadn't received a notice from my auto insurance that they filed a claim. She made it sound like the first time I would have heard about this alleged damage is from my auto insurance carrier and not Silvercar.
How do they even know who your insurance is with? Do you have to give them insurance information when you pick up the car? What if you have primary coverage through your CC. I hope you keep us informed as to how this is resolved. I would expect that they would compensate you somehow for all the trouble they're causing especially if they notice there was not damage made to the car. It all sounds rather disappointing for a company that touts itself as a car rental company that "doesn't suck."