FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New forum proposal for South African Airways | Voyager
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:13 am
jsnydcsa

One problem I've seen is that people frequently don't know where to post about South Africa travel generally. They'll often have sort of a crossover question "Going on safari, what's the best ....." that often crosses into potential airlines SAA, BA/Comair, LCCs etc but then veers in and out of "have you thought about driving? ... SA roads are very safe" or "I wouldn't recommend a trip to XXX.... better to fly YYYY to ZZZZ and do 1, 2, 3, 4 things" It discusses flights/travel on SAA but also discusses other carriers. Or a visa-related question, "I'm flying SAA into JNB, do I need a Visa?" posted in the Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines forum when it might be better posted in the "Africa" forum.

I see it in the "Africa" and in the "Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines" fora pretty frequently.

Is it possible to do a "sub forum" within the Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines Forum so that a potential new SAA Forum isn't off on its own and that someone going to the Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines Forum would see the SAA sub forum?

I was originally going to suggest a "Sub Saharan African Airline Forum" but I think that would be even more confusing.

PS - If Flyertalk really wanted to have a true Smokers Forum, it would be outside this web site, halfway down the web in another ISP altogether, in the rain, and cold, without a roof. That's a joke.