FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A chilly experience: frozen solid Haagen Dazs!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:52 am
stevensonleehk

Programs: MPO DM (OWE); UA *G (*A G), HHonors Gold; KLM/AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Interesting! A valid scientific observation. The cluster of ice cream tubs on a tray in the galley may take longer than 10 minutes to be smooth than an individual tub that is not in proximity of other cold tubs.

Further study is needed to better understand this important issue.
Absolutely agree with this observation. Keeping all the tubs en-mass will mean that it will take a lot longer to warm up.

But again, I can't believe there is a 3 page thread on this.

Lastly - come on, even when you buy an ice-cream cake from Haagen-Dazs, when you take it out of the fridge, it's still rock solid. I don't see people complaining to HD.

I hope everyone who has contributed to this thread knows that there is actually no refrigerator on-board, and that the ice-cream are all packed in a large styrofoam box with dry ice. My thoughts go to the FAs who have to handle more than 300 tubs of frozen ice-cream.

I have seen then having to repackage the leftover tubs back into the box and I must say CX has no concern for occupational safety of the FAs. I have seen FAs having to squat or kneel on the floor and sort through the various tubs of ice-cream, sometimes with their bare hands, although they appear to have been issued kitchen mittens for this as well.