FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International to domestic transit advice at JNB
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:11 am
SAWorldVoyager

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by Guvner067
Thanks for the tip. I just received a quote:

MEET 4 PAX AND ASSIST TO CONNECTING FLIGHT SA5xx

Service Description No Pax Rate Total
ARRIVAL TO DEPARTURE 4 ZAR 1058.00 ZAR 1058.00
SUBTOTAL ZAR 1058.00
VAT ZAR 148.12
TOTAL ZAR 1206.12

So that's ~ ZAR 300 per pax

I'm assuming that as J class pax on the inbound Int and the outbound Dom we can use the Baobab domestic lounge and/or SA arrivals in International.
I don't think the quote includes Bidvest lounge access so from what I can tell, I'm paying ZAR1200 for someone to
A) meet us at the aircraft,
B) carry hand luggage
C) walk us through immigration
and D) show me to the door of the Baobab lounge?

What happens when/if we need to get to a remote stand for the domestic flight? Do they show up again an hour later outside the lounge and complete the transfer?

Slightly unclear on what they offer.
They do take you to the onward plane by car if its a remote gate, or will walk you the entire way if its a regular gate.

I would use the arrivals lounge at international arrivals. The SAA domestic departures lounge is in construction mode. However although lounge access is NOT included their agents are more than happy to get you in to their lounge if it means shortening the walk.

Lastly at present the ability to use the diplomat queue for immigration is the real win. SA is now checking all unabridged birth certificates of under 18 year olds upon arrival and departure in SA - supposedly to combat child trafficking. The queues are mad, have a look here what is happening using the 'regular' queues: https://twitter.com/FrancisHerd/stat...78146954924032