FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refund for an upgrade
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:29 pm
Craig

Thanks for your comments all, it looks like I'll just have to suck it up. I've called again, without success.

Originally Posted by atmorris
It looks like most flight to Paris tomorrow are extremely busy, which flight is it Paris? as most flight only have the most expensive buckets are still for sale..

Just because fares are for sale doesn't mean they match your original bucket...

As other's have said, chalk it up to experience, otherwise you may end paying a lot more extra for the ticket.
Nope, the same bucket is still available. They just lied. Imagine that! An airline lying to its customer. Unprecedented.

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Surely the distance selling regulations come into play and you have 24hrs to say that you don't want the upgrade. I've done this when I had booked an F trip to BOS and then discovered that night that there was going to be someone on my flight back in Club. So I called BA the next day and asked to downgrade the return flight so that I could sit next to them. This was done with no fuss and the difference refunded so if it matters to you call back ASAP and get it refunded.
Others suggest that those regulations don't apply. I've tried that with BA and they do not buy it, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by headingwest
Craig, I really do feel sorry for you here. I can imagine your wife's face when you told her what you'd done!

Never mind, She'll enjoy the comforts of CE from London.
Originally Posted by Lobengula
I assume the wife is flying economy IAD-LHR?

If so the CE upgrade to CDG isn't so bad. She will have access to showers and lounges at LHR. So no, not at all a waste of money. Add to this fasttrack boarding and some space (middle seat blocked), and first off the aircraft.

A good relationship investment if you ask me
Yeah well, I do my best by her!

She gets the comforts in any case, she's OneWorld Emerald.

I'll be flying to Paris from DC with IcelandAir. I wonder which of us will have the more pleasant flight?