FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FastTrack at GOT
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:30 am
UltraRant

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Just take that Diamond card, point to it and yell in your favorite Scandinavian language "WELL, DO ANY OF YOU SLOBS HAVE ONE OF THESE?!!"

That'll go down superduper well in a small Scandi airport

(Also, I agree ... if there's not a clearly marked priority lane, I don't like running around asking for it, same w/ priority boarding).
I... would... LOVE... this...

Originally Posted by Scando
You no doubt noticed, but BGO has it totally different. A dedicated security area not close to the regular line.
Yes, in fact I did this time. It'd been a while since I flew there, but I probably won't forget the maximum security prison treatment I got there anytime soon.

First, the location is worth a mention: it's on your way out of the airport, right next to the door to outside, so you have to walk back from where you came. I first thought it was some office or staff entrance, but it wasn't: it's the stairs for priority boarding.

Second, I was the only one using it at the time, security was bored and, lucky me, I got picked by the machine for a random check. not sure how often people get random checked, but I get it in over 10% of my flights.

Anyway, as they didn't have much to do, it was much, much fun to do this as dedicated and precise as they could. It took over 10 minutes and I feel petted like I've been a good dog...

Last edited by UltraRant; Jul 4, 2015 at 9:37 am