FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Precheck - Decline in
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:27 am
misdirected baggage

Programs: UA 1K, 2mm
Originally Posted by Redheadpeter
I only got here because FlyerTalk said it was a 'hot topic'. But it's all actually quite meaningless to me, I have no idea what you are all talking about.....

But this is a zero sum game. The people who organise that security don't take the money and hire more staff, get more machines or do anything else to ensure that people reducing their wait-time doesn't have the effect of increasing wait-time for those who don't or can't pay.

By what logic of human relationship is it fair or equitable that because you have money I have to wait longer?
Not a zero sum game. Extra fees can pay for extra TSA folk. They added an extra queue just for precheck at ewr and at other busy airports. They even did it at OGG.

I suspect the billionaires among us are (a) flying private and (b) aren't reading these posts. Most of the precheck fliers I see are lugging brief cases and are ordinary working stiffs like most of us. For us, time has value and we pay a modest amount to save it. The cost of a known traveler number is roughly equivalent to a slice of pizza a month.

If all PAX gave up a slice of pizza to pay for pre check, we'd all weigh less and airfare would be less because fewer fat people would be weighing down the aircraft.