FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Ended / Motion Passed: Creation of a Smoking Section
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:12 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Dovster

Many self-identified smokers who are not on TalkBoard have also posted in favor of establishing it. It is to them that I now turn: It is not sufficient to want this forum or even to read it. It is you who will make it either a success or a failure.

It is crucial that you post information on it when you discover an airport, hotel, car rental agency, outdoor restaurant, etc, that allows smoking. It is actually preferable that you do so before someone asks for help in finding such locations.

Moreover, as the situation is fluid in all these places, it will be important to keep the information up to date. If there is a post saying that the Bates Motel in Tuscon, AZ, allows smoking, but it is over 6 months old, if you stay at Bates please come back and update the thread to say either that Bates has gone non-smoking or that it still offers smoking rooms.
That is what is going to help make the forum one of value if it passes. Heck, Dovster could be am ambassador in the forum.

Fwiw- and this is a CD call and I'm sure she's already thinking about it. But this forum will need a mod to make sure the should you/shouldn't you conversations get edited or deleted so 're focus can stay on the actual purpose of the forum.

Btw - my father died of lung cancer due to smoking. I can't tell you all how much I hate smoking and how much i wish my ft friends didn't. But just as it was my father's decision to continue smoking,I acknowledge and support the right of my ft friends to do so (even if I wish they didn't). Since they do and since they travel and since finding places to smoke is harder, I support this forum.

I will also say I met Dovster during the Prague Do a few years ago and he was kind enough not to blow smoke in my face, although he might have blown a bit of smoke 're the Used Italian Girlfriend he's always going on about.

Cheers.