FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT SEA - Change of reservation, show up or forget it ?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:51 am
THN

SIXT SEA - Change of reservation, show up or forget it ?

Hi there

just need your advice: 6 months ago I made a reservation with SIXT in SEA for 12 days in August - and got a really good deal. (500 USD).

Now the problem is following: we were planned to arrive on Thursday noon and had an activity on Friday. However the airline changed our plans so we would arrive only around 18:00 (connecting flight); which was too late for the transport for our Friday activity - so we had to shift our flight 1 day back - which means we are now arriving Wednesday at 18:00.

Now I right now have a reservation for 12 days / 500 USD (roughly 41 USD pr. day) - however I need to extend this reservation with another 18 hours (as we are arriving Wed at 18:00 instead of thursday 12:00). However I just spend time with a nice agent trying to handle this situation - and it basically turns our that if I change the pick-up time 18 hours the total charge ends up being close to 800 USD.

My problem is the following: this is a PFAR reservation (which are giving sample cars as X1, XC60 and XC90) which I generally think is nice cars. Now I do have another car reservation for the full period with another agency - which ends up at 600 USD for a Ford Explorer. I do believe the cars of Sixt are nicer - but I do not want to pay 300 USD more for 18 hours.

What would you suggest
a) Forget - the rates are the rates - there is nothing to do; so just either go with the 800 and Sixt or the other agency and 600 USD
b) Show up @sixt at wednesday and just talk with them to see if I can get the car earlier
c) Any other cause of action ?

Right now it looks like this will just be Sixt's loss - and I will just go to Avis - however I am puzzled by the business logic that means that Sixt seems to prefer to have me go somewhere else with my business rather than changing my original reservation.