FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Silvercar
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:43 am
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pinniped
Two other bits I noticed about Silvercar:

- The agent processed my return and I had my emailed receipt without any discussion of the fuel. I didn't refuel myself, so I didn't mind, but if you *did* refuel the car you might point this out to the agent before she closes your rental out.

- Silvercar promises street prices plus $5 for refueling They calculate this from your mileage driven - my bill was for a precise 1.6 gallons of fuel at $2.99/gallon. Unfortunately, I didn't notice my mileage...whatever they use for the divisor didn't matter much in my case. (The U.S. government says 27 for a 2014 A4.) However, the street price for fuel in Phoenix right now is more like $2.55, not $2.99. I noticed several stations in the $2.50's and I was staying literally walking distance from the edge of airport property. In short, if you drive a full tank of gas, you might want to go ahead and fill it up yourself...the cost is going to be a lot more than $5 if you don't.

Interested to know from someone who lets Silvercar bill them for fuel, and who did notice their mileage, what divisor they really use.
Another data point: at DEN I filled at the gas station across the street from their facility before returning and they were able to tell that the tank was full without looking at the dashboard (the clerk told me straight out "full tank, no filling fees").