FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Silvercar
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:43 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Two other bits I noticed about Silvercar:

- The agent processed my return and I had my emailed receipt without any discussion of the fuel. I didn't refuel myself, so I didn't mind, but if you *did* refuel the car you might point this out to the agent before she closes your rental out.

- Silvercar promises street prices plus $5 for refueling They calculate this from your mileage driven - my bill was for a precise 1.6 gallons of fuel at $2.99/gallon. Unfortunately, I didn't notice my mileage...whatever they use for the divisor didn't matter much in my case. (The U.S. government says 27 for a 2014 A4.) However, the street price for fuel in Phoenix right now is more like $2.55, not $2.99. I noticed several stations in the $2.50's and I was staying literally walking distance from the edge of airport property. In short, if you drive a full tank of gas, you might want to go ahead and fill it up yourself...the cost is going to be a lot more than $5 if you don't.

Interested to know from someone who lets Silvercar bill them for fuel, and who did notice their mileage, what divisor they really use.