FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FastTrack at GOT
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:36 am
FlyingMoose

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
That is exactly why I think the system sucks. In basic all European cultures (are there anywhere some where that is not that way?) it is a real bad thing to skip a line and walk up to the front with the gloom of entitlement. Enforcing your best customer to do a walk of shame is ridiculous, I would rather skip FastTrack then next time.
Its really not that bad. If you're entitled to cutting the line you'll be allowed so. What is more broken in my opinion is that in most European cultures people are to afraid to send people back when breaking the rules. Like we're seeing when boarding any SK flight. They'll announce the order but there is never any enforcement. A very common side-effect of Swedish culture, 10.000 rules and no enforcement (except for taxes and speeding).

Try boarding an airplane in the US when you're boarding group #8 and they are only at #5. You're send back, as it should be. Or try using fast track when you're not entitled to. It won't happen.

If people shout it is a good time to put them in their place, provided you had legal access to fast track. You should really care less about angry faces or "walk of shame".