FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FastTrack at GOT
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:33 am
fassy

Originally Posted by UltraRant
Oh, and did you already get the gloomy looks from everyone else in the queue who think you are cheating the line? Or did people from the regular line already step in front of you to not take their place? It happens all the time...
Yes, that exactly. It was pretty crowded in GOT yesterday and people were really angry... as said some shouted at me... probably the bad traffic jam on the highway to Landvetter, the hot temperature and bad organization at security (the lanes supposed to control the peoples flow ended 5m in front of the glass doors to the x-rays and created a "flooding zone" with everybody trying to squeeze to the open doors at the same time) took their toll.

That is exactly why I think the system sucks. In basic all European cultures (are there anywhere some where that is not that way?) it is a real bad thing to skip a line and walk up to the front with the gloom of entitlement. Enforcing your best customer to do a walk of shame is ridiculous, I would rather skip FastTrack then next time.

They could easily fix that by having at least a "FastTrack" feeder line which merges the regular line at the x-ray band so people see you took a special entrance which allows you to skip the line. Next to it should be a good idea to have the lanes ending in front of the security and not just 5m out.