FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Precheck - Decline in
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:06 am
Redheadpeter

Programs: BA Exec
I only got here because FlyerTalk said it was a 'hot topic'. But it's all actually quite meaningless to me, I have no idea what you are all talking about. But one thing jumps out.
100/200/300/400 people turn up at an airport - they all want to get on the same plane. Lots of other people are arriving to get on different planes. There are x staff to process these people through security. Some kind of maths says that equates to a wait of some minutes. Some folks aren't happy about this, they think because they are frequent flyers, wealthy, important, whatever they should wait less than that number of minutes, ideally no minutes at all. So they pay money to achieve that. The amount of money isn't important.

But this is a zero sum game. The people who organise that security don't take the money and hire more staff, get more machines or do anything else to ensure that people reducing their wait-time doesn't have the effect of increasing wait-time for those who don't or can't pay.

By what logic of human relationship is it fair or equitable that because you have money I have to wait longer?