FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for power outage
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:43 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Annapurna
Indeed, YMMV - but since the hotel has no qualms over 'nickel-and-diming' its guests (on top of a steep room rate), I have no reservations about seeking compensation if I feel it is due. Besides, I paid for the room with my hard earned personal income and not courtesy of an employer - so if my vacation time is adversely affected, I jolly well want compensation.

Anyway - the hotel was not in India as some of you have surmised. I have checked out of the hotel now and no compensation was forthcoming - so much for Hilton's "Satisfaction Guarantee".
Nickle and Diming?? Actual examples from the stay please.

So what extra charges were the hotel imposing that are out of the ordinary for that standard of hotel or are you just venting as hotel correctly did not comp anything for a short power outage despite a request/complaint by you at checkout.

I do not expect hotels to have own generators to power the hotel when the national grid supply fails and you just need to accept things like that as outside hotels control and thus not a target for compensation culture adherents to piggy back. Such refusal to comp by this hotel would be also the stance of nearly every other hotel affected too