FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Precheck - Decline in
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:52 pm
krlcomm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I'm a bit astounded, though I'm sure I shouldn't be, at the entitlement I hear coming from those who paid for pre one way or another. It is so much the "American way" to buy privilege, and screw those who can't afford it. Put up this security theater, then allow the wealthy to bypass it, so once again they can feel better than the "kettles" and other sorts of pond scum.

And as for the program needing to fund itself - I pay the 9/11 "security fee" every time I fly. Enough is enough.
I filled out an extensive application form (you obviously have neither seen nor filled out the form), was subjected to an extensive background check, had to present myself for a face-to-face interview where I was then fingerprinted, yet I'm somehow screaming "entitlement" or "buying privilege"? You definitely have no clue whatsoever as to how any of this works.

BTW, I agree with you on the "security theater" idea... but to paint this as a wealthy vs. "kettle" thing is ridiculously short-sighted. If we are going to have security at airports (and we are whether you like it or not) then there is nothing wrong with having people pay their hard-earned $$$ to adequately demonstrate that they are not a security threat and undergo the background checks, etc. to prove such so that they can bypass some of the "security theater". I'm not even close to wealthy but paying $100 for GE is one of the best investments I could make since I do this (travel) every week. This is the world we live in, get used to it...